cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Lu, Boying" <Boying...@emc.com>
Subject RE: A question to nodetool removenode command
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:43:36 GMT
Thanks a lot ☺

From: Mark Reddy [mailto:mark.reddy@boxever.com]
Sent: 2014年8月14日 18:02
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: A question to nodetool removenode command

Hi,

Gossip will propagate to all nodes in a cluster. So if you have a cluster spanning DC1, DC2
and DC3 and you then remove all nodes in DC3 via nodetool removenode from a node in DC1, all
nodes in both DC1 and DC2 will be informed of the nodes removal so no need to run it from
a node in DC2.

Mark

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Lu, Boying <Boying.Lu@emc.com<mailto:Boying.Lu@emc.com>>