cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Schroeder <wschroe...@pinsightmedia.com>
Subject Re: Lightweight transaction (paxos) vs double check.
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:28:49 GMT
Well… I didn’t expect them to be free :)

Knowing the price would help weigh the consequences of using them though.  I just don’t
want to implement a check/write/double check solution if it ends up being actually more expensive
in total operations and time than simply using LWT.  Any thoughts in that regard?

Wayne

On Aug 13, 2014, at 1:10 PM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com<mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com>>