cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Leleu Eric <Eric.Le...@worldline.com>
Subject Question about MemoryMeter liveRatio
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:20:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to understand what is the liveRatio and if I have to care about it.
I found some reference on the web and if I understand them, the liveRatio represents  the
Memtable size divided by the amount of data serialized on the disk. Is it the truth?

When I see the following log, what can I deduce about it ?

    INFO [MemoryMeter:1] 2014-08-26 19:02:41,047 Memtable.java (line 481) CFS(Keyspace='ufapi',
ColumnFamily='users') liveRatio is 8.52308554793235 (just-counted was 8.514143642185562).
 calculation took 3613ms for 272646 cells
   INFO [MemoryMeter:1] 2014-08-26 18:36:09,965 Memtable.java (line 481) CFS(Keyspace='system',
ColumnFamily='compactions_in_progress') liveRatio is 40.1893491
1242604 (just-counted was 16.37869822485207).  calculation took 0ms for 7 cells

According to my read, the liveRatio is set between 1 and 64. If My liveRatio is around 64,
should I care about some things?
Does Cassandra use the liveRatio for some internal task or it is just a metric?

Regards,
Eric

________________________________

Ce message et les pi?ces jointes sont confidentiels et r?serv?s ? l'usage exclusif de ses
destinataires. Il peut ?galement ?tre prot?g? par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez
ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir imm?diatement l'exp?diteur et de le d?truire. L'int?grit?
du message ne pouvant ?tre assur?e sur Internet, la responsabilit? de Worldline ne pourra
?tre recherch?e quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits
pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'exp?diteur ne donne aucune garantie
? cet ?gard et sa responsabilit? ne saurait ?tre recherch?e pour tout dommage r?sultant d'un
virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee;
and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability
cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a
computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free
and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.