cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Russell Bradberry <>
Subject Re: Which way to Cassandraville?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:10:55 GMT
Having an ORM says nothing about the maturity of a database, it says more about the community
and their willingness to create one.  The database itself has nothing to do with the creation
of the ORM.  Atop everything else, as was stated, knowing how to model your queries is the
most important thing, more than knowing how to use the driver.  Cassandra has a very specific
way that it stores data, if you attempt to store data the way you do in any other RDBMS there
is a good chance you will have a very hard time.

Also, this:

We wrote it for 1.2 but most all of the information still applies.

The performance gains you get from Cassandra come at a cost, that cost being that you need
to know what you are doing.