cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Neelakantan <>
Subject Re: Measuring WAN replication latency
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:44:50 GMT
Agreed... This is what we are trying right now.

Rahul Neelakantan

> On Jul 30, 2014, at 1:43 PM, Jeremy Jongsma <> wrote:
> Yes, the results should definitely not be relied on as a future performance indicator
for key app functionality. but knowing roughly what your current replication latency is (and
whether it's outside of the normal average) can inform client failover policies, debug data
consistency issues, warn of datacenter link congestion, etc.
>> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Robert Coli <> wrote:
>>> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:59 AM, Rahul Neelakantan <> wrote:
>>> Any ideas you can provide on how to do this will be appreciated, we would like
to build a latency monitoring tool/dashboard that shows how long it takes for data to get
sent across various DCs.
>> The brute force method described downthread by Jeremy Jongsma gives you something
like the monitoring you're looking for, but I continue to believe it's probably a bad idea
to try to design a system in this way.
>> =Rob

View raw message