cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ben Bromhead <...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: possible to have TTL on individual collection values?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 11:56:03 GMT
Create a table with a set as one of the columns using cqlsh, populate with a few records.

Connect using the cassandra-cli, run list on your table/cf and you'll see how the sets work.

Ben Bromhead
Instaclustr | www.instaclustr.com | @instaclustr | +61 415 936 359

On 13/07/2014, at 11:19 AM, Kevin Burton <burton@spinn3r.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Keith Wright <kwright@nanigans.com> wrote:
> Yes each item in the set can have a different TTL so long as they are upserted with commands
having differing TTLs.

> Ah… ok. So you can just insert them with unique UPDATE/INSERT commands with different
USING TTLs and it will work.  That makes sense.
> You should read about how collections/maps work in CQL3 in terms of their CQL2 structure.
>
> Definitely.  I tried but the documentation is all over the map.  This is one of the problems
with Cassandra IMO.  It's evolving so fast that it's difficult to find the correct documentation.