cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Neelakantan <ra...@rahul.be>
Subject Re: Changing IPs of all nodes in a ring
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 23:42:58 GMT
I am ok with taking upto 2 hours of planned downtime. The problem is all the IPs will change
at the same time and the previous IPs will no longer be available. So it's either all old
IPs or all new IPs.

Rahul Neelakantan
678-451-4545

> On Jul 25, 2014, at 7:23 PM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Rahul Neelakantan <rahul@rahul.be> wrote:
>> I need to change the IPs of all nodes in my ring in a flash cut, at the same time.
Any recommendations on how to do this?

> What are your uptime requirements as you do this?
>
> Because no, there's no way to change the ip address on all Cassandra nodes in a cluster
simultaneously and have it stay available.