cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Redmumba <redmu...@gmail.com>
Subject Settings for "old" tables to optimize storage space
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:01:47 GMT
After much help from this list, I've moved to a date-based table schema.
Once a date has passed, there will be very little, if any, writing to that
table.  As such, I have a nightly process that goes through a performs a
major compaction to move it down to a single table.

I've tried manipulating the chunk size for compaction, but there's very
little change in the size of the final table.  I'm currently using the LZ4
compressor.  Does anybody have any tips for optimizing the longer term
storage for "old" data?  For example, will one of the other compressors be
better for long-term storage?