cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra connectors
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 22:25:16 GMT
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Lohith Samaga <lohithsamaga@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Questions:
> 1. Do we have any jdbc driver for Cassandra 2.x series? If no, are tehre
> any plans to build one?

There's no JDBC driver for C* 2.x, though we might create a wrapper over
the Java driver at some point. It should be noted
that due to the richer data types in C* there will be limitations with such
a JDBC driver.

>  2. Do we have a RESTful interface for Cassandra?

Accessing C* is done over the CQL protocol. Creating a RESTful API that is
crafted for your application needs will deliver
much better results than a generic interface. This would make things a lot
more complicated on C* side
and could potentially expose your data to security risks.

--

:- a)

Alex Popescu
Sen. Product Manager @ DataStax