cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ben Hood <0x6e6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataType protocol ID error for TIMESTAMPs when upgrading from 1.2.11 to 2.0.9
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 17:30:22 GMT
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Karl Rieb <karl.rieb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is the protocol ID correct for some tables but not others?

I have no idea.

> Why does it work when I do a clean install on a new 2.0.x cluster?

I still have no idea.

> The bug seems to be on the Cassandra side and the clients seem to just be providing patches
to these issues.

It was reported to the Cassandra list, but there was no answer,
potentially because the query was sent to the wrong list, but I don't
really know. Maybe it should have gone into Jira, but it's unclear as
to whether this is a client or a server issue.

In any case, it didn't look like the server behavior was going to
change any time soon, so we just took the pragmatic approach in gocql
and worked around the issue.

> I will post to the Datastax java driver mailing list and see if they are willing to add
a patch.

That sounds like a good idea, seeing as the workaround has been tested before.

Sorry to be of little help to you.