cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Stupp <sn...@snazy.de>
Subject Re: Why is the cassandra documentation such poor quality?
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 07:16:05 GMT
Just a note:
If you have suggestions how to improve documentation on the datastax website, write them an
email to docs@datastax.com. They appreciate proposals :)

Am 23.07.2014 um 09:10 schrieb Mark Reddy <mark.reddy@boxever.com>:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> The difference here is that the Apache Cassandra site is maintained by the community
whereas the DataStax site is maintained by paid employees with a vested interest in producing
documentation.

> With DataStax having some comprehensive docs, I guess the desire for people to maintain
the Apache site has dwindled. However, if you are interested in contributing to it and bringing
it back up to standard you can, thus is the freedom of open source.

> Mark
>

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 2:54 AM, Kevin Burton <burton@spinn3r.com> wrote:
> This document:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations
>
> … for example.  Is extremely out dated… does NOT reflect 2.x releases certainly.
 Mentions commands that are long since removed/deprecated.

> Instead of giving bad documentation, maybe remove this and mark it as obsolete.
>
> The datastax documentation… is … acceptable I guess.  My main criticism there is
that a lot of it it is in their blog.