cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Neelakantan <ra...@rahul.be>
Subject Re: Measuring WAN replication latency
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:59:42 GMT
Rob,
Any ideas you can provide on how to do this will be appreciated, we would like to build a
latency monitoring tool/dashboard that shows how long it takes for data to get sent across
various DCs.

Rahul Neelakantan

> On Jul 29, 2014, at 8:53 PM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Rahul Neelakantan <rahul@rahul.be> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a way to measure/monitor WAN replication latency for Cassandra?
>
> No. [1]
>
> =Rob
>
> [1] There are ways to do something like this task, but you probably don't actually want
to do them. Trying to do them suggests that you are relying on WAN replication timing for
your application, which is something you almost certainly do not want to do. Why do you believe
you have this requirement?