cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Martin Marinov <>
Subject Cassandra trigger following the CQL for Cassandra 2.0 tutorial does not work
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:25:38 GMT

I'm following the tutorial at:

I'm using Cassandra 2.0.9 with Oracle Java (java version "1.7.0_60").

I have downloaded the example Java Class from;a=blob_plain;f=examples/triggers/src/org/apache/cassandra/triggers/;hb=HEAD

into a file named *org.apache.cassandra.triggers.InvertedIndex.jar* .

I then created a jar using:

|jar cvf /etc/cassandra/triggers/org.apache.cassandra.triggers.InvertedIndex.jar org.apache.cassandra.triggers.InvertedIndex.class

I restarted the cassandra service.

The trigger does not exist:

|cqlsh:mykeyspace> CREATE TRIGGER myTrigger ON myTable USING 'org.apache.cassandra.triggers.InvertedIndex';
Bad Request: Trigger class 'org.apache.cassandra.triggers.InvertedIndex' doesn't exist

What am I doing wrong ?

Best Regards,

Martin Marinov
Securax LTD

NOTICE:  This email and any file transmitted are confidential and/or
legally privileged and intended only for the person(s) directly
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
transmission, distribution, or other forms of dissemination is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the email and files, if any.

View raw message