cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Kumar Ranjan" <>
Subject Re: Thrift vs CQL3 performance
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:20:38 GMT
Stick with cql3 going forward. Last i checked, there is no further dev on thrift. I had worked
with Thrift based c* api for 2 years in Python based pycassa and experience was not very satisfactory.
I had not done comparisions between pycassa and cql so cant say. Cql isvery simple any way.—
Sent from Mailbox

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:51 AM, bi kro <> wrote:

> Hi every one,
> I'm newcomer to Cassandra, so I would like to know about performance
> between Thrift (Hector) vs CQL3, specially about the speed (Thrift based
> on RPC, CQL3 based on binary protocol).
> Currently I'm using Cassandra 1.2 , which version CQL3 of
> JavaDriver-Datastax is stable for it?
> Thanks very much
View raw message