cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Lars Schouw <schou...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Only one node in Cassandra AMI cluster
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 19:16:02 GMT
Yes, it works when setting the security group so all traffic is allowed from anywhere.

I also found the doc that tells me how to add the more restrictive security http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/install/installAMISecurityGroup.html

On Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:43 PM, Mark Reddy <mark.reddy@boxever.com> wrote:

Have you setup your security group correctly so that all nodes can communicate. Is there anything
in the logs to suggest nodes could not communicate to each other?

When you log into the other instances, is Cassandra running correctly?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Lars Schouw <schouwla@yahoo.com> wrote:

When I start Cassandra AMI cluster with 4 nodes on AWS and open the OpsCenter there is only
one node shown. I followed the doc http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/install/installAMILaunch.html
>I choose
>Region      AMI
us-east-1   ami-ada2b6c4
>I set the number of Ec2 instances to 4 and advanced details to "--clustername myDSCcluster
--totalnodes 4 --version community"
>Then after launching and waiting a bit I can only see one node in the cluster
>ubuntu@ip-XXXX:~$ nodetool status
Note: Ownership information does not include topology; for complete information, specify a
keyspace
Datacenter: us-east
Status=Up/Down
|/ State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving
--  Address        Load       Tokens  Owns   Host ID                               Rack
UN  XXX  59.24 KB   256     100.0%  XXXX  1c