cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Lars Schouw <schou...@yahoo.com>
Subject Only one node in Cassandra AMI cluster
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 17:28:47 GMT
When I start Cassandra AMI cluster with 4 nodes on AWS and open the OpsCenter there is only
one node shown. I followed the doc http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/install/installAMILaunch.html
I choose
Region      AMI
us-east-1   ami-ada2b6c4
I set the number of Ec2 instances to 4 and advanced details to "--clustername myDSCcluster
--totalnodes 4 --version community"
Then after launching and waiting a bit I can only see one node in the cluster
ubuntu@ip-XXXX:~$ nodetool status
Note: Ownership information does not include topology; for complete information, specify a
keyspace
Datacenter: us-east
Status=Up/Down
|/ State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving
--  Address        Load       Tokens  Owns   Host ID                               Rack
UN  XXX  59.24 KB   256     100.0%  XXXX  1c