cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Datastax DSE binaries
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 21:04:37 GMT
Here are some notes from the DataStax Enterprise Best Practices White Paper:

Upgrading from DataStax Community (DSC) or Apache Cassandra to DSE is just like upgrading

from one version to another. Before upgrading to DSE, DataStax recommends upgrading to the

version of Cassandra contained in the DSE release you are targeting. The only additional step
is
configuring the cluster (step 4 above), the snitch needs to move from being specified in the

cassandra.yaml file to being specified in the dse.yaml file. Details can be found here:

http://www.datastax.com/documentation/upgrade/doc/upgrade/datastax_enterprise/upgrdAnyVersion.html

See:
http://www.datastax.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/WP-DataStax-Enterprise-Best-Practices.pdf

-- Jack Krupansky

From: Som Nair
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 11:28 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Datastax DSE binaries

Hi Jack
Thanks for the reply .

I am looking to migrate from raw Cassandra to the DSE enterprise ?

i) is migrating as simple as downloading the DSE binaries and a restart maybe

ii) any configurations that I need to modify in yaml

iii) I am on raw version 1.25. Do I need to get this to a particular version to be compatible
with DSE

iv) any link to a white paper or a blog that shows a step by step would be appreciated

Thanks