cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Dykman <mdyk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HA Proxy
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 16:00:01 GMT
NO, really it can't. I know little of Hector, but when using the
datastax driver,  Cassandra provides a highly available set of
connections; a single Cassandra session will have explicit connections
to all of the node which make up a given cluster.

The Cassandra server itself relies on a lot of cross-node talk which
means that they must be visible to each other.  In this case, HA proxy
will just get in the way and make you less highly available.

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@gmail.com

 May the Source be with you.