cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: RPC timeout paging secondary index query results
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 17:29:03 GMT
On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Phil Luckhurst <
phil.luckhurst@powerassure.com> wrote:

> The problem appears to be directly related to number of entries in the
> I started with an empty table and added 50,000 entries at a time with the
> same indexed value.

All requests in Cassandra are subject to timeouts which default to small
numbers of seconds.

Secondary index queries are slower than non-secondary index queries. Low
cardinality is not a great case for them.

If you turn on tracing, it might inform your performance picture. My hunch
is that you are not seeing a bug, you are seeing the inevitable performance
characteristics of a very low cardinality Cassandra Secondary Index.

=Rob