cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Tuukka Mustonen <tuukka.musto...@gmail.com>
Subject Storing values of mixed types in a list
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:29:47 GMT
Hello,

I need to store a list of mixed types in Cassandra. The list may contain
numbers, strings and booleans. So I would need something like list<?>.

Is this possible in Cassandra and if not, what workaround would you suggest
for storing a list of mixed type items? I sketched a few (using a list per
type, using list of user types in Cassandra 2.1, etc.), but I get a bad
feeling about each.

Couldn't find an "exact" answer to this through searches...
Regards,
Tuukka

P.S. I first asked this at SO before realizing the traffic there is very
low:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24380158/storing-a-list-of-mixed-types-in-cassandra