cassandra-user mailing list archives

From S C <as...@outlook.com>
Subject high pending compactions
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2014 15:27:50 GMT
I am using Cassandra 1.1 (sorry bit old) and I am seeing high pending compaction count. "pending
tasks: 67" while active compaction tasks are not more than 5. I have a 24CPU machine. Shouldn't
I be seeing more compactions? Is this a pattern of high writes and compactions backing up?
How can I improve this? Here are my thoughts.
Increase memtable_total_space_in_mbIncrease compaction_throughput_mb_per_secIncrease concurrent_compactions
Sorry if this was discussed already. Any pointers is much appreciated.
Thanks,Kumar