cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Stupp <sn...@snazy.de>
Subject Re: Using Cassandra as cache
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2014 13:35:38 GMT

Am 21.06.2014 um 00:37 schrieb Pavel Kogan <pavel.kogan@cortica.com>:

> Thanks,
>
> Is there any code way to know when the scheme finished to settle down?

Yep - take a look at com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection#waitForSchemaAgreement in
the Java Driver source. It basically compares the 'schema_version' column in system.peers
against the 'schema_version' column in system.local until there's only one distinct value.

> Can working RF=2 and CL=ANY result in any problem with consistency? I am not sure I can
have problems with consistency if I don't do updates, only writes and reads. Can I?

Why should it? CL ANY allows you to push updates without the requirement that the node(s)
that own the key need to be up. Although you do not have the guarantee that reads will immediately
show the updates. BTW updates = insert = upsert ;)