cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roshan <>
Subject CQL query regarding indexes
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:43:49 GMT

Cassandra - 2.0.8
DataStax driver - 2.0.2

I have create a keyspace and a table with indexes like below.
CREATE TABLE services.messagepayload (
  partition_id uuid,
  messageid bigint,
  senttime timestamp,
  PRIMARY KEY (partition_id)
) WITH compression =
    { 'sstable_compression' : 'LZ4Compressor', 'chunk_length_kb' : 64 };

CREATE INDEX idx_messagepayload_senttime ON services.messagepayload

While I am running the below query I am getting an exception.

SELECT * FROM b_bank_services.messagepayload WHERE senttime>=1401544800000
AND senttime<=1401717600000 ALLOW FILTERING;

com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException: No indexed
columns present in by-columns clause with Equal operator

Could someone can explain what's going on? I have create a index to the
search column, but seems not working.

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message