cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jabbar Azam <aja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: autoscaling cassandra cluster
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 19:15:48 GMT
Hello James,

How do you alter your cassandra.yaml file with each nodes IP address?

I want to use the scaling software(which I've not got yet) to create and
destroy the GCE instances. I want to use fleet to deploy and undeploy the
cassandra nodes inside the docker instances. I do realise I will have to
run nodetool to add and remove the nodes from the cluster and also the node
cleanup.

Disclaimer: this is not a production system but something Im experimenting
with in my own time.

Thanks

Jabbar Azam

On 21 May 2014 15:51, James Horey <jlh@opencore.io> wrote:

> If you're interested and/or need some Cassandra docker images let me know
> I'll shoot you a link.
>
> James
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 21, 2014, at 10:19 AM, Jabbar Azam <ajazam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That sounds interesting.   I was thinking of using coreos with docker
> containers for the business logic, frontend and Cassandra. I'll also have a
> look at cassandra-mesos
>
> Thanks
>
> Jabbar Azam
> On 21 May 2014 14:04, "Panagiotis Garefalakis" <pangaref@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree with Prem, but recently a guy send this promising project called
>> Mesos in this list.
>> https://github.com/mesosphere/cassandra-mesos
>> One of its goals is to make scaling easier.
>> I don’t have any personal opinion yet but maybe you could give it a try.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Panagiotis
>>

>> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Jabbar Azam <ajazam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Prem,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to find out whether people are autoscaling up and down
>>> automatically, not manually. I'm also interested in whether they are using
>>> a cloud based solution and creating and destroying instances.
>>>
>>> I've found the following regarding GCE
>>> https://cloud.google.com/developers/articles/auto-scaling-on-the-google-cloud-platformand
how instances can be created and destroyed.