cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is the tarball for a given release in a Maven repository somewhere?
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 20:02:54 GMT
Hi Clint,

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM, <user-digest-help@cassandra.apache.org>wrote:

> Is the tarball for a given release in a Maven repository somewhere?
>
> Hi all,

...snip

> I poked around online and could not find what I was looking for.  Any
> help would be appreciated!

A Maven repos? No. Currently tar.gz builds are not generated and signed
with the Cassandra release process and sent to MCentral.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone to intervene and improve this
process... log a Jira ticket as it would only benefit people if they can
find these artifacts in MCental as well.

You can however, ALWAYS find archived releases of Cassandra (as with EVERY
Apache release) under archive.apache.org
Specifically you will be looking here
http://archive.apache.org/dist/cassandra/
It is up to the Cassandra release manager and PMC generally to keep the
main distribution server clean and uncluttered so hence the reason
non-current releases are automatically pulled down to archive.a.o
hth
Lewis