cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <>
Subject What % of cassandra developers are employed by Datastax?
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 20:39:50 GMT
I'm curious what % of cassandra developers are employed by Datastax?

… vs other companies.

When MySQL was acquired by Oracle this became a big issue because even
though you can't really buy an Open Source project, you can acquire all the
developers and essentially do the same thing.

It would be sad if all of Cassandra's 'eggs' were in one basket and a
similar situation happens with Datastax.

Seems like they're doing an awesome job to be sure but I guess it worries
me in the back of my mind.

Location: *San Francisco, CA*
Skype: *burtonator*
… or check out my Google+
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Corporations are

View raw message