cassandra-user mailing list archives

From horschi <hors...@gmail.com>
Subject Does NetworkTopologyStrategy in Cassandra 2.0 work?
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:51:18 GMT
Hi,

is it possible that NetworkTopologyStrategy does not work with Cassandra
2.0 any more?

I just updated my Dev Cluster to 2.0.7 and got UnavailableExceptions for
CQL&Thrift queries on my already existing column families, even though all
(two) nodes were up. Changing to SimpleStrategy fixed the issue.

Also I cannot switch switch back to NetworkTopologyStrategy:

[default@unknown] update keyspace MYKS with placement_strategy =
'NetworkTopologyStrategy';
Error constructing replication strategy class

[default@unknown] update keyspace MYKS with placement_strategy =
'org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy';
Error constructing replication strategy class

This does not seem to be something I encountered with 1.2 before. Can
anyone tell me which one is broken here, Cassandra or myself? :-)

cheers,
Christian