cassandra-user mailing list archives

From DuyHai Doan <doanduy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bloom filter + suddenly smaller CF
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:50:53 GMT
Hello William

 From the doc:
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/cassandra/operations/ops_tuning_bloom_filters_c.html

After updating the value of bloom_filter_fp_chance on a table, Bloom
filters need to be regenerated in one of these ways:

   - Initiate compaction<http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/cassandra/operations/ops_configure_compaction_t.html#task_ds_cwj_1jv_dk>
   - Upgrade SSTables<http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/cassandra/tools/toolsNodetool_r.html#reference_ds_f4n_y2j_gk__upgradesstables>

Regards

 Duy Hai DOAN