cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Zhe Yang <ud1...@gmail.com>
Subject Node never know a table has been DROP or CREATE if its gossip is disabled while executing this query
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2014 19:39:31 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using Cassandra 2.0.6 and I have 8 nodes. I'm doing some tests by using
operations below:

disable gossip of node A;
check the status by nodetool in other node, node A is Down now;
use cqlsh connecting an "Up" node and create a table;
enable gossip of node A;
check the status, all nodes are "Up" now.

Then I find that node A doesn't know this table has been created. Both its
own cql shell and nodetool cfstats tell me the table doesn't exist. Even
waiting for a few minutes to get the "eventual consistency" final status,
node A still doesn't know this table.  And I find if each node knows there
is a table but I drop it when one node's gossip is disabled, this node will
never know the table has been dropped.

Is this a bug?

--
Regards,