cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Lakshmi Kanth <lk.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra data migration from 1.9.8 to 2.0.0
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 01:18:08 GMT
Hi

I am trying to migrate data from a 3 node cluster to a new 5 node cluster.
 After completion of the migration I am seeing few additional records in
new system.  After analysis, I found that these records were already
deleted in the source system just few days before the migration.   It seems
like the tomstones from source system are getting migrated to target system.

Please let me know if there is any way to avoid these tombstone rows.

*Source System :*

Cassandra 1.9.8
3 nodes
Replication factor 1.

*Target System :*
Cassandra 2.0.2
5 nodes
Replication factor 3.

*Approach Followed for migration :*

On each of the node from source cluster, flush data and generate snapshot.
Move all the snapshots for all column families to new cluster.
Run sstable loader for all the column families from one of the node from
target cluster.
Re-build indexes.

Regards,
LK