cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: FileNotFoundException ...-Data.db
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:55:20 GMT
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Batranut Bogdan <batranub@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I believe that no matter how I stop cassandra, I should not be missing
> data. Even if compaction is in progress.

Well, excepting that what you describe is impossible if you "crash"
cassandra (kill -9, etc.), I agree. It's possible that you are not actually
missing data, that the fragmentary SSTable you find "missing" is a
partially completed file from compaction? I suggest grepping in logs from
before the restart to determine if the SSTable you are finding missing
"should" actually exist.

If you repeatably get this error, adding a test for actually missing data
should be pretty easy?

=Rob