cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Schroeder <wschroe...@pinsightmedia.com>
Subject Row cache for writes
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:37:51 GMT
I found a lot of documentation about the read path for key and row caches, but I haven't found
anything in regard to the write path.  My app has the need to record a large quantity of very
short lived temporal data that will expire within seconds and only have a small percentage
of the rows accessed before they expire.  Ideally, and I have done the math, I would like
the data to never hit disk and just stay in memory once written until it expires.  How might
I accomplish this?  I am not concerned about data consistency at all on this so if I could
even avoid the commit log, that would be even better.

My main concern is that I don't see any evidence that writes end up in the cache—that it
takes at least one read to get it into the cache.  I also realize that, assuming I don't cause
SSTable writes due to sheer quantity, that the data would be in memory anyway.

Has anyone done anything similar to this that could provide direction?

Wayne