cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "ssivikt@gmail.com" <ssiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which hector version is suitable for cassandra 2.0.6 ?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:41:18 GMT

On 03/27/2014 12:23 PM, user 01 wrote:
> Btw both Hector & Datastax java driver are maintained by Datastax, &
> both for java, this speaks for itself !
I'm not sure about the first statement. What do you mean at the second
part of the sentence?
They are Java-based, but has different API (and I find DS and Astyanax
API quite more convenient that the Hector's one). They are also can be
fine-grained configured.
Astyanax performance is about the same to DS (astx now about 5-10%
faster), what I cannot say about Hector. And the main difference is that
the DS supports C* v2 with cql3, prepared statements,
its navite  binary protocol and other features. For example, using
Astyanax versus DS on C* v2 shows unstable results under the high-load.
Also, CQL is now deprecated and in the future the move is towards CQL3
and thus the DataStax driver recommended for future development.
Astyanax working on the facade API so, I guess, it will be
possible to change the raw level driver in some cases.

--
Thanks,
Serj