cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Re: Cassandra DSC 2.0.5 not starting - "* could not access pidfile for Cassandra"
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:54:05 GMT
On 03/11/2014 08:47 AM, Ken Hancock wrote:
> See http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/2941 for the mess that
> has been created regarding java JRE dependencies.

That's a good example of the cluster.. so many thanks to the Oracle
legal department for disallowing redistribution..

FWIW, I maintain my own apt repository for oracle-java7-{jre,jdk,etc}
packages. If you want to build proper deb packages for Debian/Ubuntu
(I'm sure there's a similar project for RPM-based distros) (there is
also some sort of Ubuntu PPA that does a similar build, but I don't do
random PPAs):

  git clone https://github.com/rraptorr/oracle-java7.git
  cd oracle-java7
  sh ./prepare.sh
  dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us

and install the packages in that you want (just the jre, the jdk if you
are building/testing, etc.)

Throw 'em in an apt repo for installation on many machines  :)

--
Michael