cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Re: Cassandra DSC 2.0.5 not starting - "* could not access pidfile for Cassandra"
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:50:09 GMT
That all makes sense, then. I, personally, would not give the c* user a
valid shell, unless it was just for a little testing - then change it
back to /bin/false as intended.

Since the initial problem was that the service commaned had trouble with
the PID file, and OP has tinkered with starting as root, it's possible
root owns the pid file or directory?

(or that 'service cassandra status' doesn't work as expected, and it's
actually running fine?)

Honestly, there's too many unknowns for me to accurately be able to help
without poking around a shell on the node - I'm just guessing.

--
Michael