cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Re: sending notifications through data replication on remote clusters
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:56:00 GMT
On 03/10/2014 07:49 AM, DE VITO Dominique wrote:
> If I update a data on DC1, I just want apps “connected-first” to DC2 to
> be informed when this data is available on DC2 after replication.

If I run a SELECT, I'm going to receive the latest data per the read
conditions (ONE, TWO, QUORUM), regardless of location of the client
connection. If using network aware topology, you'll get the most current
data in that DC.

> When using Thrift, one way could be to modify CassandraServer class, to
> send notification to apps according to data coming in into the
> coordinator node of DC2.
>
> Is it “common” (~ the way to do it) ?
>
> Is there another way to do so ?
>
> When using CQL, is there a precise “src code” place to modify for the
> same purpose ?

Notifying connected clients about random INSERT or UPDATE statements
that ran somewhere seems to be far, far outside the scope of storing
data. Just configure your client to SELECT in the manner that you need.

I may not fully understand your problem and could be simplifying things
in my head, so feel free to expand.

--
Michael