cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Russ Lavoie <>
Subject Re: Cassandra Snapshots giving me corrupted SSTables in the logs
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 19:21:58 GMT
Thank you for your quick response.

Is there a way to tell when a snapshot is completely done?

On Friday, March 28, 2014 1:30 PM, Robert Coli <> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Russ Lavoie <> wrote:

We are using cassandra 1.2.10 (With JNA installed) on ubuntu 12.04.3 and are running our instances
in Amazon Web Services.
Our cassandra systems data is on an EBS volume

Best practice for Cassandra on AWS is to run on ephemeral stripe, not EBS.
so we can take snapshots of the data and create volumes based on those snapshots and restore
them where we want to.

How can I tell when a snapshot is fully complete so I do not have corrupted SSTables?

SStables are immutable after they are created. I'm not sure how you're getting a snapshot
that has corrupted SSTables in it. If you can repro reliably, file a JIRA on

View raw message