Scrub is very likely to resolve it.  Note that scrub will drop (and log) invalid items,  so pay attention to what it logs and plan on doing a repair afterwards to pull in a copy from a different node,  assuming RF>1

-Tupshin

On Feb 17, 2014 8:54 AM, "Oleg Dulin" <oleg.dulin@gmail.com> wrote:
Bumping this up -- anything ? anyone ?

On 2014-02-13 16:01:50 +0000, Oleg Dulin said:

I am getting these exceptions on one of the nodes, quite often, during compactions:

"java.lang.AssertionError: originally calculated column size of 84562492 but now it is 84562600"

Usually  this is on the same column family.

I believe this is preventing compactions from completing, and subsequently causing other performance issues for me.

Is there a way to fix that ? Would nodetool scrub take care of this ?

--
Regards,
Oleg Dulin