cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <>
Subject Re: Performance problem with large wide row inserts using CQL
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:49:08 GMT
On Thursday, February 20, 2014, Robert Coli <> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Sylvain Lebresne <>
>> Of course, if everyone was using that reasoning, no-one would ever test
new features and report problems/suggest improvement. So thanks to anyone
like RĂ¼diger that actually tries stuff and take the time to report problems
when they think they encounter one. Keep at it, *you* are the one helping
Cassandra to get better everyday.
> Perhaps people who are prototyping their first application with a piece
of software are not the ideal people to beta test it?
> The people catching new version bullets for the community should be
experienced operators choosing to do so in development and staging
> The current paradigm ensures that new users have to deal with Cassandra
problems that interfere with their prototyping process and initial
production deploy, presumably getting a very bad initial impression of
Cassandra in the process.
> =Rob

You would be surprised how many people pick software a of software b based
on initial impressions.

The reason I ended up choosing cassandra over hbase mostly boilded down to
c* being easy to set up and not crashing. If it took us say 3 days to stand
up a cassandra cluster and do the hello world thing i might very well be a
voldemort user!

Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check than

View raw message