Thanks.

Can I use sstableloader to load SSTables from a RandomPartitioner cluster to a Murmuer3Partitioner cluster?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Arya Goudarzi <goudarzi@gmail.com> wrote:
Read the upgrade best practices

http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/install/upgrading#best-practices

You cannot change partitioner

http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/webhelp/cassandra/architecture/architecturePartitionerAbout_c.html

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:04 AM, Or Sher <or.sher1@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In order to upgrade our env from 1.0.9 to 2.0 I thought about the following steps:

- Creating a new 1.0.9 cluster
- Creating the keyspaces and column families
(I need to move one keyspace data to the new cluster and so:)
- Moving all xKS SSTables from old cluster to every node in the new cluster
- compact & cleanup
- upgrading to 1.2.13 (all at once)
-- upgrade sstables?
- upgrading to 2.0 (all at once)

1. I'd like to use new features such as Murmur3 Partitioner and Vnodes - How can I accomplish that?

2. Is there any other features that would be "hard to enable"?

3. What am I'm missing in the process?

Thanks in advance,
--
Or Sher