cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: offheap component
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 01:02:00 GMT
in 1.2 bloom filters and compression meta data were moved off heap. in 2.0 index samples were
also taken off heap.

Row cache has been off heap for a while, and the key cache is still on heap.

Any other components you were interested in ?

The best reference will be the NEWS.txt file and the blog posts at datastax.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 2/01/2014, at 7:08 pm, Jason Wee <peichieh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Solely by the Cassandra version.  Are you asking about a particular component not mentioned
above?

> Not exactly. From version to version, the component of cassandra may reside on heap or
off heap, so is there a way to determine which component in the cassandra version that may
reside on heap or off heap?

> On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 1:25 AM, Tyler Hobbs <tyler@datastax.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 7:35 AM, Jason Wee <peichieh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In Cassandra 1.2 and later, the Bloom filter and compression offset map that store this
metadata reside off-heap, greatly increasing the capacity per node of data that Cassandra
can handle efficiently. In Cassandra 2.0, the partition summary also resides off-heap.