cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Rhoden <jacob.rho...@me.com>
Subject Re: What are the Pros and Cons to upgrade Cassandra from 1.2.10 to 2.0.X ?
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 03:16:38 GMT

wrote:
> We have a  Cassandra 1.2.10  pre-production ring integrated with Hadoop and Pig  and
we are thinking to upgrade the system from 1.2.10 to 2.0.X  ( to 2.0.4 for example) before
we  pass to production.

> What are the Pros and Cons According to your experience?

Interested in peoples thoughts on this. My opinion is, I would be slightly uncomfortable to
go live using Cassandra 2.0.x, but I would be much more uncomfortable upgrading from 1.x to
2.x after going live.

If you want more concrete information, check out the Cassandra JIRA (issues) register for
Cassandra 2.0.x.

Best regards,
Jacob