cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Wille <>
Subject Re: Heavy update dataset and compaction
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 23:52:25 GMT
> Perhaps a log structured database with immutable data files is not best suited
> for this use case?

Perhaps not, but I have other data structures I¹m moving to Cassandra as
well. This is just the first. Cassandra has actually worked quite well for
this first step, in spite of it not being an optimal tool for this use case.
And, I have to say that records being modified a thousand times is an
extreme case. Most of my data is far less volatile (perhaps dozens of

I greatly appreciate all the information contributed to this mailing list.
It¹s a great resource.

View raw message