cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Lebresne <>
Subject Re: nodetool cleanup / TTL
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:18:42 GMT
>> Is there some other mechanism for forcing expired data to be removed
> without also compacting? (major compaction having obvious problematic side
> effects, and user defined compaction being significant work to script up).
Online scrubs will, as a side effect, purge expired tombstones *when
possible* (even expired data cannot be removed if it possibly overwrite
some older data in some other sstable than the one scubbed). Please don't
take that as me saying that this is a "guarantee" of scrub: it is just one
of its current implementation side effect and it might very well change

View raw message