cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: nodetool repair stalled
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 18:18:21 GMT
On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Paolo Crosato <paolo.crosato@targaubiest.com
> wrote:

> I have two nodes with Cassandra 2.0.3, where repair sessions hang for an
> undefinite time. I'm running nodetool repair once a week on every node, on
> different days. Currently I have like 4 repair sessions running on each
> node, one since 3 weeks and none has finished.
> Reading the logs I didn't find any exception, apparently one of the repair
> session got stuck at this command:
>
> Has anybody any suggestion on why a nodetool repair might be stuck and how
> to debug it?

Cassandra repair has never quite worked right. It got a wholesale re-write
in 2.0.x and "should" be more robust and at very least log more than
before. But unfortunately I have heard a few reports like yours, so it is
probably not completely fixed.

That said, that only option you have for failed repairs seems to be to
restart the affected nodes. Your input as an operator of 2.0.x who would
appreciate an alternative is welcome at :

=Rob