cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jan Algermissen <jan.algermis...@nordsc.com>
Subject Re: Latest Stable version of cassandra in production
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:04:42 GMT

On 09.01.2014, at 03:36, Sanjeeth Kumar <sanjeeth@exotel.in> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   What is the latest stable version of cassandra  you have in production ? We are migrating
a large chunk of our mysql database to cassandra. I see a lot of discussions regarding 1.*
versions, but I have not seen / could not find discussions regarding using 2.* versions in
production. Any suggestions for the version based on your experience?

I came to C* with 2.0 and have it up an running since about August. I have a production environment
but can live with occasional problems. I could even setup the whole 3-node cluster from scratch
without being killed :-)

So I am happy with 2.0 having a short history of production use.

What I noticed or saw on the list is that newer features (auto-paging, CAS support) seem to
make it into the production releases in a non-production state.

It appears this is generally accepted practice in the community - and honestly, I would not
really know how to thoroughly test such features without handing them to the community to
run them. So I do not think the C* crew is to blame, really.

I have not had any issues with C* 2.0 when steering clear of these features (e.g. manually
disable paging when working with ranges and do it yourself).

Jan