cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Re: OpenJDK is not recommended? Why
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 04:59:49 GMT
On 01/28/2014 09:55 PM, Kumar Ranjan wrote:
> I am in process of setting 2 node cluster with C* version 2.0.4. When I
> started each node, it failed to communicate thus, each are running
> separate and not in same ring. So started looking at the log files are
> saw the message below:

This is probably just a configuration issue and not likely to be the
fault of OpenJDK.  OpenJDK is ok for testing the waters and light dev
work; it is the reference architecture for Oracle Java SE 7.

> WARN [main] 2014-01-28 06:02:17,861 CassandraDaemon.java (line 155)
> OpenJDK is not recommended. Please upgrade to the newest Oracle Java release
>
> Is this message informational only or can it be real issue?

Source of the above warning has some comments (attached, so they don't
wrap so badly, I hope).

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob;f=src/java/org/apache/cassandra/service/CassandraDaemon.java;h=424dbfa58ec72ea812362e2b428d0c4534626307;hb=HEAD#l106

--
Kind regards,