cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rob Mullen <robert.mul...@pearson.com>
Subject Re: nodetool status owns % calculation after upgrade to 2.0.2
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 01:42:15 GMT
Do you know of the default changed?   I'm pretty sure I never changed that setting the the
config file.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 4, 2014, at 11:22 PM, Or Sher <or.sher1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Robert, is it possible you've changed the partitioner during the upgrade? (e.g. from
RandomPartitioner to Murmur3Partitioner ?)

> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Mullen, Robert <robert.mullen@pearson.com> wrote:
>> The nodetool repair command (which took about 8 hours) seems to have sync'd the data
in us-east, all 3 nodes returning 59 for the count now.  I'm wondering if this has more to
do with changing the replication factor from 2 to 3 and how 2.0.2 reports the % owned rather
than the upgrade itself.  I still don't understand why it's reporting 16% for each node when
100% seems to reflect the state of the cluster better.  I didn't find any info in those issues
you posted that would relate to the % changing from 100% ->16%.

>> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Mullen, Robert <robert.mullen@pearson.com>
wrote:
>>> from cql
>>> cqlsh>select count(*) from topics;

node, 59 on another and 49 on another node. It was my understanding with a replication factor
of 3 and 3 nodes in each ring that the nodes should be equal so I could lose a node in the
ring and have no loss of data.  Based upon that I would expect the counts across the nodes
to all be 59 in this case.