cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Arindam Barua <aba...@247-inc.com>
Subject vnode in production
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 18:51:34 GMT

Hello all,

Just wanted to check if anyone has any experiences to share regarding

1.       the stability of vnodes in production

2.       upgrading to vnodes in production

We recently upgraded to 1.2.12 in production and were planning to turn on vnodes using the
"adding a new datacenter" method vs using shuffle which seems to be not recommended. It helps
that we were planning to add capacity to our Cassandra ring anyway. Our tests in QA so far
have been good. If we do not upgrade now however, we will have to add the new hosts normally
to the ring, and may not be able to add a new data center at a later point of time.

Thanks,
Arindam