cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Elias Del Valle <>
Subject PropertiesFileSnitch
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 18:31:40 GMT
Hello everyone,

    I have a cassandra cluster running at amazon. I am trying to add a new
datacenter for this cluster now, outside AWS. I know I could use
multiregion, but I would like to be vendor free in terms of cloud.
    Reading the article,
it seems I will need to start using PropertiesFileSnitch instead of
Ec2Snitch to do what I want. So here it comes my question:
    If I set all the seeds on my property file, what will happen if I need
to add mores machines and/or seeds to the cluster? Will I need to change
the property files on all the nodes of my cluster, or just on the new node?

Best regards,
Marcelo Valle.

View raw message